Monday 15 April 2013

Tonight's the night??

Let's keep everything crossed that tonight is in fact the night! My at home scales are looking encouraging but I don't use those numbers so I have to wait till tonight to see how I've done. 

You may remember I mentioned in a post the other day that I was taking part in the Biggest Loser online as part of a group set up on MyFitnessPal, well we've finished week one and I have been crowned the Purple Princess for this week, meaning that in my team (the purple team) I was the person with the highest number of points for the week - in weight loss and in the challenges that we did. Yay me! I wasn't the Biggest Loser this week, that honour went to someone on one of the other teams who managed to lose 12lbs! Wowzers! I was very happy with my contribution, especially as our team as a whole are this week's Biggest Losers as well. We've got some different challenges this week which include making sure we eat a minimum of 5 portions of fruit or veg a day, drinking 10 glasses of water and doing 30 mins of exercise 5 times a week, so it should be a good week. 

I've also found an amazing site called Nerd Fitness run by a bloke called Steve Kamb who admits to be a full on nerd (a bit like myself!) but on the site he takes it a whole lot further and talks about levelling up your life not just your games. So I am now following their beginner's body weight workout which after a warm up of some cardio (I went on the Wii this morning and did some Step to the Beat) there is a set of various different exercises which you can do anywhere using nothing more than your own body and some sort of weight (Steve used a large milk carton - I used a litre bottle of squash which I've since drunk) You're supposed to do them 3 times but I could only manage one set at the moment but the idea being that eventually I will be able to get up to 3 times and then eventually progress onto the more advanced workout which they also have on their website. 

I'm thinking maybe I should have a page which just has reviews and feedback of the various other websites I've used during my journey in case they are useful to anyone, that will have to go on my list of things to do though as I have a million and one things to do at the minute :(

No comments:

Post a Comment