Sunday 24 March 2013

I'm dreaming of a white.... Easter??

It's officially Palm Sunday today, in other words its one week till Xmas and this is what I've had to contend with all weekend:

As you can see, quite a lot of snow has fallen here in the West Midlands, but weirdly enough not a lot has fallen in Wolverhampton but these pics are from Burntwood which is only about 12-15 miles away but obviously a lot higher up as its had way more snow! 


You may remember that I walk the dog at the weekends but even he wasn't too keen at walking in very cold wet stuff, he's a big dog but in places the snow was up to his belly. 
 Leo had great fun jumping about it and even eating it but as you can see my feet kinda sunk and I got snow in my shoes, socks and in my trousers!
Now I know what you're thinking, why on earth did you go walking in the snow with trainers on? Why not wear wellies or something? Well there is a simple answer, I was at N's house and don't have stuff like that there (although to be fair I haven't owned a pair of wellies since I was probably about 10) but the snow was way over the top of my socks and you can kinda see where it comes up to on my trousers so I spent most of the rest of the day trying to get warm!


The thing is the walk that we did would normally take around 15 minutes maybe on a good day, depending on how many other people/cats/dogs we happen to bump into and how long Leo spends jumping up at them, however yesterday it took me just over 45 minutes to make the same journey so I don't care what my fitibit said I'd walked and how many calories it said I'd burnt I KNOW I burnt more because it was such hard going trudging through that amount of snow.

On a positive note I'm now back in Wolverhampton so I'm hoping that the weather doesn't get any worse and I can get back out and start racking up the miles! I'm doing something called the 5x50 challenge starting next Sunday but I'll tell you more about that later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment