Monday 8 April 2013

Exciting times?

Well a few things have happened since I last posted, the first being that I have been accepted onto The Biggest Loser..... well ok sort of! Not the TV version so I'm not going to be rich and famous and meet Bob and Jillian but this is a version we're doing in conjunction with MyFitnessPal* (mfp for short) I'm on the purple team (yay go purple!) and it's basically the same as the tv show in that we have weekly challenges, this weeks is to make sure we've tracked all the food we eat and that we've drunk at least 8 glasses of water per day, and we also track our weight loss (or gain obviously), the idea being that whoever has lost the most percentage of weight at the end of the 'show' which is 12 weeks long will be the Biggest Loser. Now I know last season's loser lost 17.5% of his starting weight which if he does something similar this season I will need to lose 57lbs to beat him in just 12 weeks! Obviously I'm not aiming for that, I've set my target at 21lbs which is a stone and a half and I think that's a very admirable target given that hopefully tonight I will hit my 10% target at group. 

The second exciting thing happened this morning! I Can't remember if I mentioned it or not but I ordered a Wii game which can utilise the Wii fit balance board or use a nunchuk along with the Wiimote. Its called Step to the Beat (or Walk it Out in America for some reason, no idea why it's got different names when its exactly the same game) and as the name suggests its a walking game. You start off with a little character who tracks your movement and 'walks' round a place called Rhythm Island in time with you. Whilst walking in time to the music you will gain coins but you must walk in time and some of the songs are a LOT faster than others, these coins can then be turned in to open up other parts of the island as well as buy bits and pieces to help build your island. I've only had a quick-ish go on it this morning and I will be honest I'm addicted already! I was only on there for maybe half an hour or so maybe slightly longer, but you honestly don't feel like you're exercising even though I was sweating like mad by the end, so its perfect for a fair weather walker like myself as now there's no excuses about not being able to go outside cos its cold or wet or snowing! Once I get to grips with it a bit more I'll take some pics and get them posted on here as well.

Its almost time for weigh in now so I guess I better go and face the music - fingers crossed its a good one, I need 2.5lbs to get to 2.5 stone lost and 3.5lbs to get to my Club 10 (10% of your starting weight lost), I hope it's good news as I've been extremely good for the past 2 weeks and I will be annoyed if I'm half a lb short or something.

*As an aside I will do a bit more of a detailed post regarding MyFitnessPal and all the other apps and things I use at another point.

No comments:

Post a Comment