Monday 4 March 2013

Fitbit

Got my fitbit One today, was very excited about it arriving, possibly a little more excited than you should be about what is essentially a glorified pedometer! I'm going to include some pics so you can see what you get and do a mini tech review of it as it were, well I might as well attempt to be useful on the blog as well.

It's quite an expensive piece of kit, the one I have (called the Fitbit One) cost £80 but it does come with a lot of different gizmos on it and on the website as well. Now this might have to be a bit of an ongoing review as I find out more and learn how to use it a bit better but for now this is where I'm at.

 In the box you get the One (which is way smaller than it looked on the website, its teeny), a usb dongle as the One is a clever little gadget and syncs itself automatically whenever you're within about 20 feet of your dongle (or seemingly every 20 mins or so if you're sat at your desk right next to the thing). 

There is also a charger unit, again this is a usb device but you shouldn't need to use it that often as a full charge is supposed to last around 5-7 days and it comes with about a half charge on it so you can use it straight from the box.







There is also a black wristband which is a LOT bigger than I had expected but this is so you can slip the One into it at night and take advantage of the sleep function, I won't be looking at that until at least tomorrow when I've had a chance to use it for at least one night. There's also the little clip, mine happens to be burgundy, but you have a choice when you buy it of a black one or a burgundy one, but as everything I've bought recently seems to be a deep purple-y colour I figured I may as well colour coordinate! 









So now I'm feeling dead smug about working out how to insert images into my blog and get text next to them, I just hope it posts ok! No, its ok I'm not a total technophobe but this is my first time so be gentle ;) Anyway back to what we were talking about, the ONE, so what I'm going to do now is sign off as I have a sudden urge to go for a walk which is weird cos I never have those, must be the One.


No comments:

Post a Comment