Thursday 28 February 2013

Sleep deprived...

zzzzz...... huh? who said that?! Yep I'm sleep deprived this morning and feeling all the worse for it. The boyfriend arrived last night and cooked us a lovely meal but when it came to sleeping for some reason he seemed unable to, which of course meant lots of tossing and turning and huffing and puffing and me not getting a huge amount of sleep either. Which considering I have issues getting to sleep anyway mean I now have rather fetching dark circles under my eyes..... sexy... NOT! 
I have my daughter's parents evening tonight and I thought everything was going well until she burst into tears last night whilst doing some homework and a load of information came out about her not being able to concentrate at school, getting frustrated with the work and crying a lot. She's not mentioned any of this before and now I'm really worried, the thing is she's a really bright girl and in the top group for everything (I think - it gets confusing!) but I'm concerned that maybe I've put too much pressure on her to be good at everything, I mean I try not to, I tell her that not everyone is good at everything and we all have our strong points but I don't want her to feel like she's not doing me proud as she most certainly is! She's an amazing little girl, smart, funny, bright, bubbly but studious with it and I love her with all my heart and soul but I think she thinks I want more from her and I just don't know how to support her in this, so we'll chat to the teacher tonight and see what she says and go from there. Depending how it goes there might be a further post tonight .... watch this space... 

No comments:

Post a Comment