Sunday 26 May 2013

They think it's all over......

And this time next week it will be! Yep, this time next week I *should* have completed my first ever half marathon which is quite a scary thought.  Did my last training walk yesterday consisting of a 6 mile hike around the reservoir where I broke in my new walking shoes and socks. I was a bit wary of the shoes as they aren't as bouncy as the trainers I'm used to but once you get used to them they're pretty decent considering they were only £20. Also on a recommendation of a friend I bought some 1000 mile socks which are dual layer, taking the moisture away from the feet and preventing blisters and they seemed to do just that yesterday which was fantastic considering the size of the blisters I had last week.

Also went to the gym on Thursday,  I think the women there were firstly shocked that I went back, secondly that I'm as fit as I am (which isn't that fit but certainly a hell of a lot fitter than I was 3 stone ago!) thirdly that I joined in the Zumba class and then most definitely that I did the whole class!  I had several of them come up to me during the class say they were surprised to still see me there,  but I tell you what I loved every blooming minute of it! I had no idea what I was doing in the Zumba class but it seemed to involve a lot of shaking your ass and was so much fun but I did come out of there sweating like a pig, although I suppose that is the general idea! I can't wait to get back there again next week to shake my tushie.

No comments:

Post a Comment